Mistakes of eCommerce: Not Having a Mobile-Friendly Site
- Use a tool like Google Website Optimizer or Pingdom Mobile to test how well it performs on mobile devices. If the results show that users are leaving the site because of poor performance, then you know that something needs fixing!
- Test different browsers on tablets and smartphones—Android devices tend not to have a good screen resolution as iPhones or iPad; this means that sites don’t always look good when viewed through them!
Not Using Creative Marketing Strategies
Underestimating the Importance of SEO
- Underestimate the importance of search engine optimization (SEO) in the eCommerce business.
- Trying To Build Everything Yourself In A Hurry Without Hiring Professionals.
Page Loading Problems
- Slow page loading time
- Heavy page size
- Slow internet connection
- No mobile optimization
- Use of plugins
- Use of too many images and videos
- Use of too many fonts and scripts
Not Understanding consumer Needs and Preferences
To build a successful eCommerce business, you must first understand your consumer.
You need to know what they want and how they feel about the products that you’re offering.
A good way of doing this is by asking them questions through surveys or focus groups.
Use this information as a starting point for defining your target market and creating an effective marketing strategy.
It would help if you also tried to get as much information about your competitors’ consumer base to develop strategies for targeting the consumer who is most likely to be interested in your eCommerce business.
Not Paying Attention to Competitor’s Strategies
If you are selling a product and relying on search engine traffic to get people to your eCommerce website, you must know what your competitors do.
This will give you insight into how they rank in the search engines.
- Know what products your competitors sell and at what prices.
- Know their product descriptions (including keywords) and images used for their products on the site.
- Please type in your competitor’s site URL into Google and see where they rank in local search results or paid ads.
Don’t make these mistakes
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things.
- Don’t be afraid to fail.
- Don’t be afraid to start over and give it another shot in the future.
This list of common mistakes provides a great starting point for any eCommerce entrepreneur. You can use this information to develop your list, avoid these pitfalls as you get started with your business, and keep growing as you go!