What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a business model where you don’t keep the inventory of the products you sell.
Instead, you buy products from suppliers and then sell them to customers at a profit.
The advantage of this model is that it does not need you to store and manage an inventory, which means less upfront capital investment.
Why build a dropshipping store with WordPress eCommerce?
A WordPress eCommerce store is an excellent idea because it’s easy to build, has many plugins and themes to help you get started, and has everything you need to run a successful business.
It’s also SEO friendly, which means that Google will rank your site higher in its search results.
This will lead more customers to your site and increase the number of people willing to buy from you.
If you want more information about building a dropshipping store with WordPress, I recommend reading my article How To Build A Dropshipping Store With WordPress: 10+ Steps.
Step 1. Choose the right web host for your business
- Choose the right web host for your business.
A good web host offers reliability, affordability and a range of features.
You will also want to make sure that it offers a free domain name, website builder, email address and SSL certificate.
Step 2. Choose the right domain name for your business
- Go to the WordPress website and download their latest version.
- Install and activate a drop shipping WordPress eCommerce plugin.
- Install a theme that is designed for your niche or industry.
You can find many free themes available on the Internet, which can be used to build an eCommerce store for dropshipping purposes.
But, if you want to build a premium store with more options and unique features, then I would recommend premium themes such as Divi Theme by Elegant Themes or Storefront by WooCommerce – both are compelling themes that offer various types of functionality such as advanced product filtering system etc.,
Step 4. Install and activate a drop shipping WordPress plugin
- Install and activate a drop shipping WordPress eCommerce plugin
- Choose the right plugin
- Import the plugin settings
- Configure the plugin
- Set up the plugin
- Make sure the plugin is working
Step 5. Find the best products to dropship online
- Choose a niche.
- Find products with high demand, low competition and low refund rates.
- Make sure to find products that are easy to sell, source and ship.
- You can also research products with a high-profit margin if you want more money out of each sale.
Step 6. Create categories and add products to your store
Now you are ready to create the categories and subcategories for your store.
You need to add a category for each type of product you will sell on your site. For example, if you sell t-shirts, the categories might be Men T-shirts, Women’s T-shirts etc.
You can also add subcategories under each main category.
For example, in the case of Men T-shirts, we can have subcategories like Polo T-Shirts or V Neck T-Shirts etc., which will help users find what they want by browsing through different sections of the same parent category (in this case, Men).
Now that we have created all our categories and added some products to them, let us move ahead with adding images so that customers can see what they are buying before they make their buy decision.
Step 7. Choose the best payment gateway for your store
- Choose a payment gateway that is easy to use
- Choose a payment gateway that will accept your customers’ payment methods
- Choose a payment gateway that provides you with the best rates
- Choose a payment gateway that is secure and reliable
Step 8. Design and customize your online store
Choose a design that matches your brand. It would help if you were looking for something functional and stylish.
Some of the best WordPress eCommerce themes are made by premium theme providers like ThemeForest, Elegant Themes, StudioPress and others.
They offer commercial-grade designs at affordable prices, with regular discounts available.
You can also create your theme using a framework like Genesis Framework or Divi Theme by Elegant Themes (see below).
This will allow you to customize it according to your needs without hiring someone else, but it will need more work than a pre-made template from one of these providers.
Also, to choose an attractive design for your online store, make sure that the theme is easy for customers to use and customize on their own if necessary (such as changing colours or other elements).
If you’re planning on selling products through many channels like Facebook ads or Pinterest pins, then ensure that each platform has its unique URL, so they don’t interfere with one another – this way, people don’t buy items twice!
Step 9. Add shipping settings to your store
You can now add shipping options to your store. To do this, go to Settings > Shipping.
- Shipping rates: If you have many rates for the same country and service, you can set up shipping costs by checking the box next to “Taxable.” You can also add a flat rate for specific countries by clicking on “Add rates” and entering a rate per product or package weight.
- Shipping time: Specify how long it takes for your products to be shipped out from your warehouse using one of these options:
- Average lead time – This option is helpful if you don’t want customers to see how long their order will take before they place it because it will calculate an average based on orders placed over the past two months.
- Specific lead-time – This option allows you to specify a particular lead time (e.g., two days).
Step 10. Create discount codes and set up coupons for sales promotions in your store
- Create discount codes and set up coupons for sales promotions in your store
Now that you have a great product catalogue, it’s time to ensure customers can get the best prices on everything you have to offer.
First, create discount codes or coupon codes unique to your business. Customers will use these when they check out to receive an instant discount on their orders.
If you want to promote specific products or products, add these discounts! Once you create these codes, go into each product page and add them under “Add Coupon”.
Step 11. Connect your store with an email marketing app like Mailchimp or Aweber
This step will connect your store to an email marketing app like Mailchimp or Aweber.
Email marketing is an essential part of any online business, and it’s one of the most effective ways to promote your products and grow your audience.
Email marketing is a powerful tool that can be used for customer acquisition and retention.
It can also be used for upselling and cross-selling products, generating more sales from existing customers by sending targeted emails with special offers or discounts on related items/services.
With this simple step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to set up an email campaign in Mailchimp (or Aweber), which will help promote your dropshipping store:
As with anything in life
Once you’ve gone through these steps, you should now understand how easy it can be to create your online store and sell products.
As with anything in life, the more effort and time you invest in building your store, the higher quality of service will result for both yourself and your customers.
Hopefully, we’ve demonstrated how simple e-commerce is using WordPress as a platform – but don’t forget that just because it’s simple doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement! So get out there and start making money today!